Thursday, June 09, 2005

Getting What You Want AND What You Need

I've added one final, final date to my itinerary: the Rolling Stones concert at SkyDomeRogersCentre on September 26, with none other than Beck in support. I've known about this for a while now, but couldn't make mention of it here lest my big headed, big hearted girlfriend Bri should pay a visit--the tickets were a graduation gift for her. (And before you accuse me of getting her a Homer gift, as Paul did, please: click here.) So the itinerary is now complete, and it includes no less than nine arena rock shows in the span of two-and-a-half weeks. In a way, I wish the Stones were coming earlier: having seen them live twice already I'm pretty much ready to say they're nowhere near as good live as Pearl Jam is and that they'll almost certainly pale in comparison to U2 as well. But that said, it's hard to resist the allure of seeing a living, breathing group of legends in the flesh; the Stones might no longer be a great live act and our seats (waaay up in the 500 level) are awful, but there's something to be said for sharing a space with the greatest rock n' roll band ever to grace the earth that doesn't include a member named Pete. In this case, we might not be getting what we need, but for Bri and I, we'll certainly be getting exactly what both of us want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home