Sunday, September 11, 2005

DAY 4: Kitchener

I'm not sure I've actually recovered well enough from Friday night's Thunder Bay show (review forthcoming...promise! I've even started a draft!) to make it through another Pearl Jam concert tonight...but this, alas, is the price you pay for rock 'n' roll immortality. Tonight, Pearl Jam rocks Mennonite Country in a venue whose forthcoming events include, among other things, Oktoberfest at the Aud and a three-day long German shepherd dog show. On a semi-related notes, you ever have one of those "damn, I wish I had a camera!" moments? I had one yesterday up in Thunder Bay when Heppler and I happened across the biggest, baddest Dodge truck y'all have ever laid eyes on--and it was in the parking lot of Wal-Mart. Just the ultimate Thunder Bay shot...honestly, not even my infamous "Awesome Kong" picture from the summer of 2000 is as good as this picture I didn't end up getting.

Returning to Thunder Bay is still a surreal experience for me; throwing a Pearl Jam concert into the mix merely exacerbated it. In a way, it'll be nice getting back to the regularly scheduled Pearl Jam experience: in anonymous arenas in cities with virtually no connection to me whatsoever. In that regard, Kitchener seems like as good a place as any to start. More to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home