Sunday, September 18, 2005

OH. MY. GOD.

(And no, this isn't my reaction to having spent two-and-a-half hours in the presence of Him.)

Let's say you're me. You've spent the past eight days seeing Pearl Jam six times in six different cities--so tonight, it's time for a change of pace: U2's fourth and final show at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. Let's say that, following "Where the Streets Have No Name", Bono thanks Eddie Vedder for contributing to the Make Poverty History campaign--then casually mentions that he's in the attendance. Then let's say that U2 plays "One", then keeps noodling on the final riff while Bono starts singing--of all things--"Ol' Man River", from the 1927 Jerome Kern/Oscar Hammerstein II musical Show Boat.

Then let's say Eddie Vedder walks on stage and joins him.

No, I am not making this up: this really happened tonight at the Air Canada Centre. Eddie Vedder and Bono sang a duet on "Ol' Man River". Just an utterly surreal moment...seriously, not even Eddie's presence in the house this evening could have prepared me for what I saw. I'll write a full review tomorrow; in the meantime, I figured I should throw out this particularly juicy bone.

1 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger tyrone said...

hey, the pictures are looking good, maybe because of my advice?

Check out some pics I took of BDR

or Some pedro the lion pics I took

 

Post a Comment

<< Home