Wednesday, September 14, 2005

DAY 7: Toronto!

That's right: I'm actually home for a day. And while I'd initially planned on spending it at the Rogers Centre watching the Toronto Blue Jays play the Boston Red Sox, a combination of fatigue, bad weather, the spectre of fighting U2 traffic and a recent lack of quality time with my BHBHGGFBJ (who, incidentally, actually came to the Hamilton show last night, even though she knew she wouldn't be sitting with me...her and her housemate and her housemate's girlfriend got scalpers' tickets for $40 a pop) made me decide to stay home, instead. It's a nice change.

Some bummer news: the Ear to the Ground festival, which was to feature Sleater-Kinney and a slew of other cool bands, has been cancelled. After missing two-thirds of Sleater-Kinney's set last night I decided to definitely attend Ear to the Ground; its cancellation means I'll get to spend all day Sunday watching football, but I'd have rather spent it communing with Mlles. Tucker et al. This is a sad day for the Toronto music scene...honestly, if something as cool as Ear to the Ground can't take off in Canada's biggest city then I don't know what to think anymore.

I'm going to fire off a few capsule reviews of this weekend's shows--and yes, that includes Thunder Bay as well, because I've essentially given up trying to properly articulate what that show did to me. London will be a challenge, as well...I mean, as far as I'm concerned the show began and ended with "Hard to Imagine", so it'll be difficult to give a proper summation of what else went on. But I'll try.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger tyrone said...

yeah, its a bummer about ETTG. That clears me up for WOLF EYES on saturday night at the shoe! If anyone is interested in some DEATH NOISE come and check it out with me.

also for photos at shows...
1. get as close as you possibly can.
2. don't use your flash.
3. hold your camera realllly still when you take a pic.
4. try this... find a spot where you can rest your camera on a table or chair. take one photo with your flash on, then another with your flash off. maybe you can't adjust your camera shutter speed, but this should help. OUT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home