Sunday, September 18, 2005

DAYS 9 & 10: Toronto

For the first time since two weeks ago, I'll be spending consecutive evenings in the same city...and I couldn't be happier. This road trip has seriously taken it out of me; I was reasonably tired after the second Pearl Jam concert, so I'm actually a little bit surprised that I'm a, still alive; b, reasonably coherent; and c, not totally put off Pearl Jam's music for the next six months. In fact, I can't wait til tomorrow night at the Air Canada Centre...and yes, I'm currently trying to find a good reason not to go to the Quebec City show on Tuesday as well. (Actually, here's one: I'm broke. But that's never stopped me before.)

Anyway. Yesterday's photo blitz documented the second "travel" leg of the tour, which took me to Montreal and Ottawa, dropped me into the living rooms of my cousin Cameron (Montreal) and my newly domesticated friends Jon and Lindsay (Ottawa) and locked me and Eric Sherkin into the same car for something like eleven hours out of forty-eight. I've still got a bunch of reviews to write, some actual traveller's notes from Montreal (seriously, I need to spend more time in that city--I can't believe I had such immediate access when I was living in Kingston and didn't make better use of it) and a few general wrap-up points. In fact, since today is an in-front-of-the-TV day, I might even get around to doing some of these things...we shall see.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Gavin27 said...

sounds like u2 was stellar...
eddie and bono...wow

I must say that White Stripes more than exceeded expectations, and were not lost in a large venue as you had warned me earlier. (so I was going in with a little trepidation).
In fact they rocked like I have almost never been rocked before...that and I was right up against the barricade for 4 hrs straight ;)
best of luck to yee old Vikes today

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger beautiful cynic said...

don't forget that my car ate your brand new Kanye CD...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home