Monday, September 12, 2005

Kitchener Setlist

I'm going from memory here, so this might not be quite accurate. I'll try and fire off a review tomorrow; however, since I'm currently scheduled to spend eight hours in class (realistically I'll make five) I might have to bump it back to Tuesday. I'd assume I'll have withdrawn from teacher's college by then.

Pearl Jam:
Ed solo, before Sleater-Kinney: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
set: LONG ROAD, Last Exit, Animal, Do the Evolution, Given to Fly, Love Boat Captain, Corduroy, Insignificance, Gimme Some Truth, Faithfull, Jeremy, Even Flow, Leatherman, Habit, Blood (missing two, I think)
1st encore: Soon Forget (aborted), Can't Keep, Small Town, Daughter/(W.M.A.), Black, Alive
2nd encore: In My Tree, Indifference, Better Man, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

Sleater-Kinney:
set: The Fox, Wilderness, Jumpers, Modern Girl, What's Mine is Yours, Rollercoaster, Oh!, Let's Call it Love, Entertain (should be complete)

Just an absolute piledriver of a show tonight; the set proper might rank as the most intent Pearl Jam set I've ever witnessed (I kept turning to Dan and going "Wow! WOW!"), but I wish they'd have canned the acoustic interlude tonight--this was a show that demanded high energy songs, and I'm not so sure that the relentless pace needed to be slowed. Still, you can't argue with any playing of "Baba O'Riley", especially when the audience is so loud it forces the band to stick around for one more.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Brianna said...

 01 The Long Road
 02 Last Exit
 03 Animal
 04 Save You
 05 Do The Evolution
 06 Given To Fly
 07 Love Boat Captain
 08 Corduroy
 09 Insignificance
 10 Gimme Some Truth
 11 Faithful
 12 Jeremy
 13 Evenflow
 14 Leatherman
 15 Habit
 16 Blood

 17 Encore Break 1
 18 Soon Forget
 19 Can't Keep
 20 Man Of The Hour
 21 Small Town
 22 Daughter
 23 Black
 24 Alive
 
 25 Encore Break 2
 26 In My Tree
 27 Indifference
 28 Betterman
 29 Baba O'riley
 30 Yellow Ledbetter

Wow. That's a hell of a show - a lot of songs that you wouldn't necessarily expect to hear ... and the combination of Long Road, In My Tree, Man of the Hour ... amazing!

BTW - you have a solid memory, Johns. Solid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home