Tuesday, September 13, 2005

DAY 6: Hamilton; London Cliff Notes/Hamilton Pre-Game

For the record, I am utterly exhausted. I was tired before Sunday, when this three-night trek around Southwestern Ontario began; now, after the second of three concerts, I'm actually starting to question the sanity of this entire operation. Still, the rock 'n' roll gods demand total commitment; when they receive it, they deliver things such as London 2005.

Seriously, how good was last night's concert? How can a show in which "Black Red Yellow" is not the biggest rarity be held up against the competition? How can I personally try to write about a concert in which "Hard to Imagine" was followed up with "Alive"? Just an incredible night in London, made even better by virtue of Bri being there for her first-ever Pearl Jam live experience. It's quite a way to get started.

So: Hamilton tonight, and another Pearl Jam virginity is being taken (Heather Johnson, a.k.a. "Hojo"). I've got class in an hour--still no decision--and so this entry is a bit rushed...but tonight I'm calling "Release" for sure (we got "Oceans" last night, to our total and utter shock), and beyond that I'm in absolutely no position to say. Last night Pearl Jam delivered the kind of show which few bands are capable of equalling; when it features two bona fide rarities, a slew of underutilized and unequivocally awesome album tracks and the best version of "Rearviewmirror" I've ever heard, making predictions for what's to come next seems futile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home