Thursday, September 15, 2005

DAY 8: Montreal

...and so it resumes in the happiest city on earth: Montreal, Quebec, site of the legendary 2003/04 Walkhome Exec road trip, mine and Margaret Greenberg's abortive attempt at seeing Rent during the summer of 2004 and the Mike Deans night of January 2000. Sherkin and I are driving up this morning, seeing Pearl Jam this evening and committing various and sundry acts of debauchery later that same night. Pearl Jam's 2003 concert in Montreal was one of the underrated shows of the Riot Act tour, and the Bell Centre is potentially the loudest arena I've ever visited with the exception of Madison Square Garden. Those two facts, combined with Montreal's well-earned reputation as a kick-ass city, means tonight should be a great, great concert.

Also, I know I promised concert reviews, but I ended up getting bogged down in unrelated matters. I'll try posting a review of tonight's show as soon as we get back to my cousin's place; unfortunately, by that time we might be physically and mentally impaired to the extent that reviewing a concert would be utterly futile. More later.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Gavin27 said...

ottawa upcoming!!! we should hook it up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home