Monday, September 19, 2005

DAY 12: Toronto

...and so it ends back where it all started almost two weeks ago: in Toronto, where I'm seeing my seventh and final Pearl Jam concert later this evening. I saw Pearl Jam at the Air Canada Centre back in 2000; at the time I claimed it was the greatest concert I've ever seen, due largely to the cover of "Baba O'Riley" that ended the first encore, but since then I've reappraised. Tonight's show is completely sold out...I mean, at one point they were selling folding chairs up in the press box, and now even those are gone. So the audience should be jacked. I think a lot of people are bringing their own, personal "mini tours" to an end with this one--this bodes well for the energy level inside the room.

In the meantime, Bri and I are thinking about doing a "tour of Toronto" later today...y'know, because this is what dorks do. Check back later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home