Saturday, September 17, 2005

Ottawa Setlist

Clearly, this past week of rock n' roll fantasy camp has taken its toll on me: I just finished gushing over the brilliant Ottawa setlist and didn't even think to write it down. Here it is, with songs I'd never heard live before in bold and songs never played live before in bold and italics:

Ed solo, before Sleater-Kinney: Last Kiss
set: Wash, Go, Hail Hail, Animal, Brain of J, Corduroy, Immortality, In Hiding, Don't Gimme No Lip, Even Flow, Green Disease, Insignificance, I Got Shit, Jeremy, Black, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Rearviewmirror
1st encore: Bee Girl (Ed and Jeff), I Believe in Miracles, Sleight of Hand, Small Town, Crazy Mary, Alive
2nd encore: Given to Fly, Not for You/(Modern Girl), Daughter (no tag), Harvest Moon (with Sleater-Kinney), Fortunate Son (with S-K), Rockin' in the Free World (with S-K), Yellow Ledbetter

U2 is going to have to work mighty, mighty hard to scale the peaks that Pearl Jam is hitting regularly on this Canadian tour...just an astounding performance thus far, with more still to come.

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Gavin27 said...

Fortunate Son? I wish...

twas Leaving Here I do believe...

'Hey fellas have you heard the news...the women in this town are being misuesd (or is it abused?) but fortunate son it was not my lad ;)

ps. creamed myself with the inclusion of Over the Hills and Far Away into Yellow Ledbetter, and I also heard a little Watchtower in the midst of Crazy Mary

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Stephen Johns said...

You're right--it was "Leaving Here", not "Fortunate Son" (although S-K has been known to perform both with Pearl Jam). Sorry we couldn't chat longer--damn rain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home