Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Say What??

My sixteenth Pearl Jam concert is in the bag, and it wasn't without incident. Consider, for instance...
  • "Sad" and "U", neither of which I'd ever heard live before, being played back-to-back neaer the top of the set;
  • "Porch" as an opener;
  • No "Even Flow" (only the second time I've ever seen a Pearl Jam concert in which it didn't make an appearance);
  • Corin Tucker sharing vocal duties on "Rockin' in the Free World" while wearing an oversized Wayne Gretzky Team Canada jersey; and
  • Pearl Jam and Sleater-Kinney appearing together as the world's greatest ever wedding band (with the members of Pearl Jam decked out in tuxedos) and singing "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young for a friend of Ed's (in case you think I'm making this up, let me assure you: it's far too weird to make up).

All of these things and more happened tonight at Copps Colisum (site, incidentally, of Mario Lemieux's legendary goal in the 1987 Canada Cup). Full review to come tomorrow, along with a massive update including pictures, reviews and reflections. Ole!

Oh! And tonight's setlists (we missed the pre-set and most of Sleater-Kinney because of ridiculous traffic conditions...and yes, the knowledge that Ed played "Throw Your Arms Around Me" upsets me greatly--since, y'know, we missed it):

set: Porch, Save You, Spin the Black Circle, Animal, Given to Fly, Sad, U, Corduroy, 1/2 Full, Daughter/(I Believe in Miracles), Lukin, Insignificance, Present Tense, Untitled/MFC, Jeremy, Better Man, Rearviewmirror
1st encore: Thumbing My Way, I Am Mine, Harvest Moon, Black, Alive
2nd encore: Last Exit, Go, In My Tree, Small Town, Indifference, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
Sleater-Kinney's set: ...Rollercoaster, Let's Call it Love, Entertain (so mad we missed most of their set)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home